With a modern Asus router, you can connect up to four computers to your broadband Internet service. The router we have taken for the process is RX3041, which is compatible with ADSL and Internet cable and can be used with any computer equipped with an Ethernet port. The procedure for configuring a wired router like the Asus RX3041 is not difficult and you will be able to get your network up and running in minutes. You just need an Ethernet cable to perform this step, which I’m guessing you have with you.
How to configure your Asus Router
- Turn off your cable or DSL modem.
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the “Internet” port on your modem. Connect the other end of the cable to the “WAN” port on the back of the router.
- Connect your computer to the RX3041 by plugging another Ethernet cable into one of the “LAN” ports on the back of the router.
- Turn on your broadband modem, and then connect the AC adapter to the router. Plug the adapter into a power source. This will reset the modem and establish a connection to the router. Once the connection is established, the router will immediately start sending a signal to the Internet through the LAN ports to your computer.
Resetting the password of your Asus Router
Setting a Wi-Fi password on your Asus router allows you to secure your wireless network against unauthorized access. When you connect a device to the network, you must enter the free Wi-Fi access code. If you have forgotten the code, you can reset it by using the router’s web interface. Once you reset the password, you will need to enter the new password into your Wi-Fi enabled devices before the device can access the wireless network. You just need an Ethernet cable to perform this step, which again I think you have with you. So, let’s delve into the details of how to reset the Wi-Fi password of your Asus router.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into an open Ethernet port on the WL-520GU. Plug the other end of the cable into the Ethernet port on the computer
- Open the computer’s web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 – Then press the Enter or Go button. A login screen appears.
- Enter the username and password for the router. The username and password are admin.
- Click on “Wireless” in the left sidebar, and then select “Interface”.
- Enter the new Wi-Fi password in the “WEP key” fields at the bottom of the page. You can define up to four different passwords.
- Press “Finish” to save the changes.
That is how you can configure your Asus router and also reset its password. In case, you find problems in doing any or both steps, then you can take the help of Asus router experts.