Are you getting problem in accessing the internet from your computer when connected wirelessly to the Asus router? If yes, nothing to worry we will walk you through the easy steps for fixing the problem. The steps discussed below can be implemented on any model or version of the Asus router setup.
- Place router nearer to wireless computer.
- Check the LED glowing on the LED panel of your Asus router. Whether it lights up for 2.4 or 5 GHz band. If the LED is off on both the bands, then it means no signal is available. If you find LED on, then it means the wireless system is ready to function.
- If the LED is flashing or blinking, it means the data is getting transmitted or received on a wireless connection. If you want to know the detailed functions of each LED empaneled on router, you can go to ‘Asus router support’.
- Go through other network devices and notebook and check if the same problem persists on it or not.
- Try connecting the computer to the Asus router via a wired connection. If it is working normally, then there is definitely some problem with the wireless interface.
- There is a wireless adapter that receives the IP address automatically. To get the IP/TCP settings automatically on the computer with windows 7 OS, go to ‘Control panel’ then on ‘Network and Internet’. Click ‘Network sharing center’, Here you will find information related to ‘Manage network connections’.
- Go to internet protocol version 4 or protocol version 6 followed by ‘Properties’.
- If you want to get the TCP/IP4 settings automatically, then click on ‘Obtain IP address automatically’.
- Same is the case with TCP/IP 6, obtain the settings automatically by clicking on the link.
- Tap ‘Ok’ when done.
- After this go to ‘Parental control section’ and check if the particular device is barred from accessing the internet or not. If you find your computer in the barred list. Click to ‘disable’ it. You will find the ‘Parental control’ section under ‘Air Protection’ mode given in login dashboard.
- If you find the list under ‘Client Name’, then go to ‘Remove device’ using ‘Delete button’. You can also enable the time settings for which your device will remain accessed to the internet. Go to ‘Time management settings’.
If the problem of ‘Internet access on the computer’ is still not solved after implementing the steps, then don’t hesitate to contact Asus experts. Sometimes, the problem with the internet service provider won’t allow you to access the internet. In such cases, contact your internet service provider before troubleshooting the router.