VoIP and PBX systems are big things for small and medium sized businesses. Unfortunately, with the advancement in technology, technical glitches are also grown leading to the frustration in the minds of users. Luckily, you can now understand what is creating the problem and you can get troubleshooting steps related to it. If you are facing problem with the router usage, then you can try the best possible solutions mentioned below.
- Check whether router is compatible or not: Sometimes your router might not be compatible for phone calls, Application layer gateways and QoS. This problem is likely in the systems where modem and router are one. You can check the list of devices compatible with all services.
- Check bandwidth: Stop using those devices which are sucking the bandwidth of your network. If you are downloading any file, streaming music or watching movie online, then don’t forget to check the speed of the network with speed test tool. If you are getting speed issue with the internet, then call your internet service provider or VoIP provider as they will find codec option if available any for your bandwidth.
- Update the firmware: There are number of VoIP issues which gets fixed after upgrading the firmware. You can download the file from the web page of Asus router setup. Go to ‘Administration’ page and click on ‘File’ to upload and install. In rare cases, you need to downgrade the firmware.
- Check battery: There are some routers which have battery backups. This is good in case you want to hard reset the router to solve the VoIP issues.
- Configure Modem in Bridge mode: Don’t use modem as a router by enabling its features, rather use different router for this purpose.
- Disable QoS: In some instances you need to Disable QoS and in some you will have to enable QoS. This depends on the priority given to particular device on the network. To test the system without QoS or to reboot the router, you need to over to the ‘Router’s admin’ page.
- Check Firewall: Firewall option is auto-enabled on routers to protect against malware and viruses. If you want to disable it, then go to ‘Admin’ page and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
If you are facing problem related to VoIP service, then it will definitely get solved with the solutions cited above. If you make any changes to the business you do, it will cost much. However, if you rest assured on VoIP, it will save both money and crucial time. VoIP is a service provided by the internet service provider itself, so they can better solve the problem in much efficient manner.