You can print directly from the router on your printer by first connecting to it wirelessly with basic configurations performed on it. If you are using a Mac or Windows PC, then we are going to let you know the tricks to setup printer on the Asus router setup. After successfully configuring the printer over the network, you can give ‘Print’ command from any computer that is connected to the network. There is no need to connect the computers individually to the router. You will find an Ethernet or USB port at the back of your printer by using which you can connect the Ethernet cable to the router. Try to use the Ethernet cable only as these are best-preferred cables by the manufacturers of routers itself.
Connecting the wired printer
- Connect one end of the cable to the printer and other to the available port of the printer. If your router doesn’t support USB connection, you can use the Ethernet port and use extender cable.
- Plug the printer to the power supply using the power cable and adapter if given.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the booting gets finished. You can start the setup right after this. Most of the inkjet printers take some time for cleaning whereas in laser printer, you will find that they get connected immediately to the network right after turning it on.
- Unplug the power supply from the router and wait till 10 seconds. Plug the router back to the power supply and check if the router has been refreshed or not. If yes, set up the printer now.
- Go to the ‘Start’ button and select ‘Devices and printers’.
- Tap to ‘Add a printer’ and select the network to which you want your printer to be connected. You can add printer either wirelessly or via Bluetooth.
- The select printer you have connected recently to the network followed by ‘Next’.
- Click to install the driver and enter the username and password for the administrator if required.
- Keep on pressing ‘Next’ for every prompt to finish the setup.
Steps for Mac Setup
- Open ‘Apple’ menu and click ‘System’ preferences.
- Tap ‘Print and scan’.
- Tap the ‘Lock’ button and enter the administrator credentials. If required press the ‘+’ button to add printer in the list.
- Wait till the printer gets detected and start installing the drivers.
- After successful completion of the installation of drivers, you will find a message on the screen.
You can now check the printer by giving ‘Print’ command from the ‘File’ menu. If you don’t know, you can also print the document by pressing Alt+P keys from the keyboard together.
This is all about the process to install the printer on the router. We hope you will be able to carry out the process on your own.