Do you want to enable Rescue mode on your Asus router setup? If yes, then there are some steps with the help of which you can enable it. Read the steps mentioned here as under:
First of all, you need to open the browser on your computer and go to the ‘Driver and tools’ page of your Asus router from the official website. After opening this link, you need to go through the steps which are given here as under:
- Click to start downloading the latest firmware.
- Tap ‘Support’ followed by ‘Driver and utility’.
- Under this menu, you will find ‘BIOS and Firmware’.
- Select the latest firmware and start downloading it.
- Once downloaded, click ‘Install’. This will take some minutes.
- Tap ‘Support’.
- Go to ‘Driver and Utility’.
- From here go to ‘Driver and tools’.
- Then select the operating system of your router
- When you find the description of the OS on the screen, click to expand it. Click ‘Expand all’.
- Go to ‘ASUS Firmware restoration’ program utility.
- Tap ‘Download’ to download the firmware.
- Click to select the ZIP file and unzip it from the available folder.
- Double click on the file to start installing.
- Press the power button from the back of your device to turn the router on.
- Press and hold the reset the button for at least 6 seconds.
- Now, you need to press the power button while pressing the reset button on the router.
- If you find the power light flashing slow, it means the wireless router is entered into rescue mode.
Computer: Some steps that are to be followed by the computer are given here as under. If you want to successfully enable the rescue mode, the below-mentioned steps are mandatory.
- Go to ‘Start’ menu from the home screen and click the ‘Control panel’.
- Go to ‘Internet and network’ under ‘Control panel’ and select ‘Network sharing center’.
- Change the adapter settings to LAN from the list of given types.
- Tap ‘Properties’.
- Click ‘Internet protocol version 4’ and then go to ‘Properties’. Here you will be asked to alter the content of IPV4 as per given below:
The IP address is as follows: 192.168.1.10.
Subnet mask address: 255.255.255.0.
Click ‘Start’ and then go to ‘Programs’.
Search for ‘Wireless Utility’ and click ‘Firmware restoration’. From the restoration window, go to latest software downloaded just now.
Tap to upload this firmware version to the router.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Tap close when you find the message ‘successfully recovered the system’ message on the screen. Wait for the system to reboot.
On your router, you will find a steady light on the power LED which means the Rescue mode is successfully enabled on it.