To change the settings of your Asus Router Setup, you must access the ‘Settings’ page. There is a process to get into the ‘Settings’ page, i.e., enter the default IP address of Asus Router in the address bar of the web browser followed by entering ‘username’ and ‘password’. However, that’s is where most users are facing problems, as they are not able to access the Asus Router’s ‘Settings’ page. If you are dealing with the same problem, then you should go through the steps given below:
1st Step: Please connect to the router with a wired network.
2nd Step: the network card is set to automatically obtain the IP address.
- Click “Start” and then, click on “Console”.
- Click “Change interface card settings”.
- Click on the “Interface Card” for setting the connection and then, right click on the “Interface Card” followed by clicking on “Content”.
- Click “Internet Protocol 4th Edition (TCP/IPv4)” followed by clicking on “Content” in the lower right corner.
- Select “Obtain an IP address automatically” and then, click “OK”.
3rd Step: Cancel the browser’s proxy, this takes the IE 8 browser as an example.
- Open “Browser”, then click on “Tools” followed by clicking on “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “Connection” page and then, click on “Local Area Network Settings”.
- Close “Proxy Server”, but do not check “Use Proxy Server in your local area.” Finally, Click “OK”.
4th Step: shut down the system (Win 7) firewall or anti-virus software firewall, this is to turn off the system firewall as an example.
- Click “Start” and then, click on “Console”. After that, click on “System and Security” followed by clicking on “Windows Firewall”.
- If “Windows Firewall Status is On”, then you will have to click “Change Notification Settings”.
- Click “Turn off Windows Firewall” and then, click “OK”.
5th Step: Check the hardware. Please change to another computer to test if you can enter the setting page.
6th Step: return the router to a preset value.
- Press “RESTORE” on the back of the router for about five seconds until the “PWR” light on the front begins to flash, and you can release “RESTORE”.
- When the “PWR” light in front of the router turns solid, it indicates that the router’s settings are restored to the default value.
- Test if you can enter the settings page.
7th Step: If the above steps still do not allow you to enter the settings page, please contact your local ASUS customer service center.
That is how you will be able to access the Asus Router ‘Settings’ page once again. In case, you are still not able to access it, then you will have to consult Asus Router experts because only they can guide you regarding this issue in the most suitable way.